Blog Archive

Friday, November 24, 2006

Of Shopping, Vacuums and Litterboxes...

Last night J and I completed our Christmas shopping. Normally he does all of it all alone but this year he insisted I join him in the task of buying the 4 gifts per child that we normally get the kids. I usually fight the Christmas spirit tooth and nail until Dec 1st so it was interesting shopping now. We pretty much found everything we were looking for and feel the kids will be happy on Christmas day. During our ramblings we stopped off at XScargo and checked out their stuff(click their name it's a link to their site).

I've been having vacuum issues and have been itching to buy a bag less vacuum and was thinking of a Dyson and shuddering at the price. So when I saw this little baby at the store for only $50 I picked it up. When we got it home J and I put it together and figured out how to empty it and stuff and I ran it thru the house. For now I say I am impressed...it certainly sucked up the dirt and hair on the carpets even with no beater bar and I think the dirt cup thing is cool(now I can see the little Lego guys arms and legs if I suck them up!) but I think the very coolest thing about it is that it fits in my spare cupboard. I had cleaned out this cupboard a while ago and decided it was only good for things that the kids would not be interested in. We had been keeping pudding cups in it and the kids(especially M) kept getting into it, it was driving me nuts! So, up until last night, all it had in it after I cleanup it out was dishwasher tablets and kitchen towels. The little vacuum fits in there perfect...the wand on it collapses rather than needing to be taken apart so the whole unit fits in there and isn't taking up any of the much needed 1000 square feet of my house!

J's random purchase of the night was a new litter box for the cat. I got it set up this morning and am happy with it. Now the big job is actually scooping the dang thing out once a day instead of ignoring it until the cat starts taking drastic measures to get out of the house to go.



















I have to thank my very good friend C for making my shopping trip possible...she actually brought her boys over to play at my house and watched my kids for me so J and I could go and finish the shopping. If she reads this I just want her to know that I really really appreciate her doing that for me, without her the kids wouldn't have had such a great time! Ever thoughtful she brought over homemade playdoh and I'm sure the kids had a total blast with it since the rest of the house was hardly messy at all.

So it's done...the only trick now is getting all the stuff into the house and then wrapping it...but that is a chore for another day....

Cass :)

1 comment:

CanadianMama said...

Hubby wants to know where you got the litter box, and what it cost !