Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

M's Birthday & Birthstory Post

There...you've been warned. First I will type out her Birth Story as I wrote it in the front of her photo album years ago;

"Born: November 13th 2003 @ 5:25pm

Story: Mommy had just gotten home from a midwife appointment when K called from school saying she was sick, so Mommy and A went to get her. For the rest of the afternoon Mommy spent a lot of time kneeling on hands and knees to get "Eggbert" to turn into the perfect delivery position. At about 2:50pm Mommy switched to just sitting and thought she felt something but dismissed it. At 3pm A called Mommy to help him in the bathroom and Mommy realized her water had broken! Everything was slow for a bit but then went fast ... D from across the street thought she was going to have to deliver you! Daddy got home at 4:45pm and we got to the hospital only a half hour before you came! It was Mommy's easiest delivery yet and Mommy's first words were "It's a girl! M was wrong!" later Mommy asked Daddy if she was home dreaming! You were 7lbs 12oz at birth and nursed great right away!

Mommy December 13 2004

PS I can't believe you're a year old already! Right now you're just starting to stand up and will walk if someone is helping you."

Things I didn't add into that story:

How mad I was at K all the way home from her school for making me come out again on a cold , rainy, miserable day when I had already done the walk to the midwives office(50mins) and back that day.

How scared/weird K was when I was getting her to go downstairs to get a change of pants for me. I had had to wake her up because she was sleeping, she was not very happy when I told her "The baby is going to be born today!!".

On the way out to the van I was unable to walk during contractions.

I refused to let J hold the elevator in the parking garage for someone that was right behind us. J was surprised and I gave him a dirty look for even thinking about holding the elevator while I was in labour.

I told J on the way up to the maternity floor that although I didn't want one I understood why a lot of women get epidurals.

How boring the hospital was once M was born. I should have gone home right after delivery.

M's 3rd Birthday!!

Sadly M woke up on her birthday with a low grade fever and that explains the large amount of skin you will see in the following pictures...that and the fact M just prefers not to wear clothing when at home. Her brother was the same way and I don't remember K ever doing a lot of stuff in the buff.

Our first visitor was my good friend C who brought M her first present of the day; A bubble wand!

















The first Picture is M sucking in air...the second is where she is about to blow, I was faster than I thought. The third is the big payoff, Bubbles! The fourth is after she was done blowing.

In the afternoon, after a morning of TV and M and I had taken a short nap, I looked through my recipe book and finally found a cake that didn't need a whole lot of white sugar(I only had a 1/2 cup of the stuff in the house). This is how it turned out(way better than A's cake):



Of course what birthday would be complete without more presents? First we have a rescue center with Dora and Diego(?), the second shot is all the twist ties that were on the set, something that increasingly drives me nuts so that normally we remove all of them before we wrap birthday and Christmas presents.




M also got a colouring book, play doh, and crayons:





















Over-all even though she wasn't feeling(or looking) all that great M had a good birthday:


So that was M's big day! I will post again soon :)

Cass :)

1 comment:

CanadianMama said...

She's gotten so big Cass - doesn't really look like the same little mite I met at the EYC so long ago.

Happy Birthday little M.