Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Another Day in the life of Mommy ...


I've actually been fairly busy, which is why I haven't posted sooner, the last while. Last week I did well and got to the Y 3 times(once to work out, once to relax and once for Family Day). Just this past Sunday a good friend of mine came over to do family shots of us. I love all the ones she's shown me so far but here are two of my fave's. One is the whole family on our front steps and the other is just me and the kids.

Of course I would like to point out now that A no longer looks like that because this morning we buzzed his hair. A has head lice and shorter hair means easier picking for me. I think, once again, that the Y was the culprit and neither of the girls have it(thank goodness!). We had a great time posing for pictures though as you can see .... before we knew about A's little interlopers. A is now going to stay home for the rest of the week(lucky him) which means I have a week of staying home as well ... *sigh* and I did so well last week!! I refuse to send my kids back to school until they are totally clean ... no nits no bugs. It's a personal policy of mine.

Hmmm ... what else is new. K let me pull out another loose tooth of hers today *gasp*. I didn't think she would since I had to try twice last time before I got the other one out. This time I insisted on a small set of pliers to do the work and she was a little nervous. Picture it; K and I in the kitchen. She's asked me to pull it out, I grab the little pliers, she comes to me and I take her jaw in my hand getting ready to grab the tooth with the pliers ... she backs off "I can't do it! It's gonna hurt!" "Only for a second," I reply "But it's gonna hurt!" she says cringing away from me even though I haven't moved from where I was. "Okay so how long will it hurt if I don't take it out?" I ask. "Until I take it out," she says takes a deep breath then a few more and then says "Okay I can do this!" and steps up to me. I take her jaw in my hand and prepare to grab her tooth with my pliers ... she backs off. Now repeat this for 5 minutes. I finally took a $5 bill from my wallet ... "I'll give you this if you just let me do it so I can go sit down," I say "but if you don't let me do it you'll get way less for the tooth." She knows I'm the tooth fairy, which is cool with me. Finally after another 5 minutes she lets me pull the tooth, which she doesn't even feel come out, I give her the $5 and she goes back to school. *chuckle* It was interesting to say the least.

A has two loose teeth and an adult tooth coming in(in the wrong spot - behind the baby tooth, good thing he has a dentist appointment soon). He didn't want me to pull his though. We finally got his paperwork all done and sent in and have his follow up appointment booked with the pediatrician. Yay! There's another long story behind his paperwork(which I lost for a little while and turned up later). I actually mailed it into the office because I was having trouble getting over to the town next to us(not that it's far ... just out of my usual circle). The paperwork turned up in the bottom of our family backpack ... under some wet swim suits. They were so moldy I photocopied them(thank goodness for out 3 in 1 printer/scanner/copier) and then sent those in. I'm interested to see what they think of the answers and what they recommend.

M is just as cute as ever(of course) and is a joy for everyone in the house, except for when she screams. Which she does when she's not happy with what she has been told. K is Drama Queen and coming into her own with pre-teen sullenness but M is a Diva and can throw a fit you wouldn't believe. I still don't know why, it never gets her her way. Poor A in the middle tends to be a bit of a clown and hates it when M screams and cries when K is mean to him. I feel bad for my only son and my dear man ... the males in our house are sadly outnumbered by us three scorpio females that can make our little piece of heaven fell like the 7th circle of hades. Good thing we normally don't all go off at once but it's only a matter of time(about 8 years) ... PMS X 3 won't be pretty.

*ponder* Well that's it from me for now. I had some deep thoughts and interesting observations about life, teenagers I overheard on the bus and other things but they have since vanished into the fog that rules my brain. Oh! I have good news, the illness I was fighting was Strep throat but I beat it. The doctor's office called me yesterday to offer antibiotics but I was reluctant, since I feel fine now, and the doctor said I didn't have to take them. That's all I got.

Cass :)

3 comments:

Vix said...

Wow Cass you really look like you've lost a good bit of weight. Don't know if you've been able to tell yourself-I know I have issues telling when I've gained/lost...but I want to let you know it is showing! Great work. Your looking amazing. :)

Cassandra said...

Thanks Vixn, I lost 30lbs last year but have gained about 10 of it back. I still think I look as awful as ever and highly dislike seeing pictures of myself even though everyone else says I look great. It all comes from my internal body image being when I was 19 and in top shape and about 140lbs *sigh*. Your compliment is well received though because I know I'm being silly.

CanadianMama said...

I'm glad I checked this Cass - I haven't heard from you all week, and I was wondering what was up.

How's A like his short hair ?