Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Oh my aching ...


... everything! J and I put in a hard day yesterday gardening. I'm still going to go to the Y today and do my aqua fit class but only because of the allure of not having to haul this body around on land for that 45 minutes!

We have two flowerbeds at the front of our house. One about 10 feet by 2 feet along the side of the driveway and another big wavy one across the front of the house so about 20 feet and no deeper than about 3 feet at any one point. I have been working on the side bed for the last few days and finally finished getting all the grass and weeds out of it yesterday morning. J has been talking about putting in a gravel trench around the front bed for a while because he wanted somewhere to put the wheels of the lawnmower when he cut near the bed and to keep the grass from the garden. So $80 and a day's hard work our front beds are done for the year(other than weeding). Now all we have to do is prep the back bed we use for veggies. That's a chore for another day. I wish it hadn't cost so much money to fix up the front bed but it was worth it. With some new bright red cedar mulch to set off the bed against the white rocks of the trench, wow, it is really nice looking! I am proud of us that we got it all done in one day. I am also very glad that it's done. I have other yard work things to do and the weather has been fantastic the last 3 or 4 days so I'm hoping to get it done soon. I still need to rake off the old mulch and put down the landscape fabric that was left over from the trench on the strip of ground behind the side flowerbed where I don't want anything to grow and there is always all the branches and twigs that need to be bundled and put out for our city's yard waste pickup. Ah, Spring!

Cass :)

Garden pictures Added by request:

Side Bed


Front Bed

2 comments:

CanadianMama said...

I want to see photos Cass !

CanadianMama said...

Thank you !