Monday, October 22, 2007

Part two of: The misbehaving keyboard and my adventures in transit land.

First the good news: I have a new keyboard of course it will be up to you all to decide if what I had to go thru today was worth the getting of said keyboard.

My day has been dysfunctional right from the start. Today's breakfast was French toast but I forgot to spray the pan before I cooked J and I's so ours turned out badly but still tasted good. I don't like it when my cooking turns out badly though so it didn't bode well for my day. The kids' breakfast turned out better but before then I had to deal with a poopy M and change her bed ... she had accidentally pooped in her Goodnights while she slept.

My morning then reverted to smooth sailing for a while and I got the kids to school okay although same jerk had smashed glass in all sorts of places around the school as well as on the way to the school and there was something that very much resembled puke on the sidewalk near the school as well, Ewww!

Once I got back home I chatted on the phone with another local stay at home mom and worked on cleaning up some stuff I had boiled over on the stove. One thing led to another with the stove and I ended up spraying the oven with oven cleaner while I was at it(which I still have to wipe out/sigh/). That pretty much sucked up my entire morning. I made lunch for the kids and then went to get them.

M was very obstinate and not moving at all so I sent K & A ahead so they could eat their lunch before they had to go back to school. M was very difficult to get home and I was not pleased with her but we finally got back and ate lunch. As a side note we didn't turn on the TV while we ate lunch and actually talked, it was very nice! Soon it was time for K & A to go back to school so they did and 10 minutes later M and I were out the door to go grab the first bus keyboard in tow.

Our first bus was late so we missed the connecting bus and had to wait a half hour for it. When we got off the connecting bus the doors shut before M could get off the bus which scared me to brief tears but M was fine...the bus driver was kind enough to come out and check on us as well so I managed to fight back my tears until the bus left. I could just see in my mind the bus pulling away from me with M still in it /shudder/. I needed a break after that so we stopped off at a coffee shop for a snack and a drink(M got a snack and a drink I just got a pop). We hit a bathroom(because I didn't want a repeat of last trip) and then walked over to the computer store. We had been away from home for 1 hour. I would like to state now that it is probably about 10km from my house to the computer store. It took me an hour to get there.

At first it didn't look like they were going to exchange the keyboard but then the guy(who probably didn't want to deal with a whiny lady and her whiny 4 year old) came thru but had to do a straight exchange luckily for me they didn't have the same model in and so I ended up with a slightly older model that will hopefully stand up better. If not then I will just swap keyboards with A & M's computer since they never type anyway so a malfunctioning keyboard won't bother them!

I got out of the computer store just in time to catch the bus to my local mall and when we got there I opted to go in and have some ice cream and use the bathroom. We then had to wait for the bus longer than usual since someone must have thrown up on the bus so they had to clean it first./sigh/

On the way home I decided to get out near a quieter route home and there is a park right there and M wanted to play for a little while so I said we could stay for 15 minutes. 5 minutes in she announced that she had to poo(Why is it always poo with me?!?!) so we went behind a tree but some had ended up in her pants anyway. I had some paper towel in my stroller so I stuck some between her and the poo in her pants and cleaner her up the best I could but she still screamed when I told her we had to come home.

The walk home was quiet and M fell asleep(which I knew she would) and is still sleeping. The new keyboard works fine and I am happy enough(even though it has a red back light yuck) it has silver faced keys so there isn't a lot of glare in bright light and I'll just keep the back light turned off. I'm happy but now I have to go make supper! I will share menus another day Vixn but mostly I just paw thru my cookbooks until I find something I think would be interesting to make :)

Later!

Cass :)

4 comments:

Vix said...

Wow that does sound rough! But having a new keyboard that actually works seems to me it was worth everything but M's moodiness....ok and maybe the poo. LOL
Thanks, Cass, every time I look online at recipes they just seem to overwhelm me. I love to cook and am awesome at it but I don't ever really follow a recipe I just throw stuff together maybe following a certain procedure. I'd like some new ideas is all! Thanks so much.

semele said...

Glad you like your new one.

I'll share a quick story because I think it'll amuse you, knowing me.

I preordered the newest Zelda video game for the GameCube. Nintendo promised it would be the very last game ever made for the Cube, which I enjoy greatly. Shortly after the E3 convention the game was available for preorder and you'd have thought I was buying the last copy, not the first for how excited I was to drop my $5 down on it.

Fast forward 6 months and Nintendo completely changes the game. The graphics are all different, the game is completely redone. Um... They did that on the last version too, making it cartoony. I was upset. But, true to Zelda, I waited. Not that I had a lot of choice.

Fast forward another 6 months and the release date has been pushed back 3 times. Now they say the game comes out in another month. Okay, what's one more month? I still have my preorder in the desk and I'm ready to go.

The release date comes after 13 moths of waiting. I go to Best Buy, preorder receipt in hand - stapled to preorder card with glossy photo of game as shown at E3 - now completely different. The guy says "oh, we don't have it". I look at him, mouth open like a fish. "But the website said you get them today. So they're here somewhere." "No, they're not. They pushed back the release date." "Oh, yes, I know, 3 times. But today's the release." "No, not anymore." I threaten him with bodily harm. Literally. My husband thinks I'm insane and says to "leave the man alone" to which I reply "But I paid my $5 and i want my game." Can you picture me 3 yrs old? Uh huh.

Indeed, the release date, on the release date, was pushed back 3 more months. Even after threatening the clerk with bodily harm. Drat.

It has been a great game though. No complaints except for the wait.

Now for Spore...

Cassandra said...

Vixn check out this site:
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/
she has tons of recipes and tips and stuff as well as at least two sample weekly menus.

Personally this week the menu is something like this:
Friday:Oatmeal, hot dogs, slow cooked roast with potatoes and corn
Saturday:Bacon& eggs, mac'n;cheese(homemade), shake'n'bake pork w/red beans and rice
Sunday: Breakfast scones, hot dogs in pastry, spaghetti with homemade garlic bread sticks.
Monday:French toast, chicken noodle soup, Chicken and dumplings w/peas.
Tuesday:Oatmeal, homemade pizza, home burgers and fries w/salad
Wednesday:Cold cereal, PB&J on biscuits, Ham w/mashed potatoes and corn
Thursday:French toast, grilled cheese w/carrot sticks, beef and noodles.

We shop Thursdays so our menu week runs Friday-Thursday. All the bread is made here in my breadmaker and rolls and buns as well(like for the hamburgers tonight). I like to switch meats up so we tend to have a patter of chicken, pork, beef, other(veggie or fish) but not always. I like my cookbooks for that because then I just have to look for what meat is in them and if I feel I am willing to try to make them but I also nab stuff from the hillbilly site as well.

CanadianMama said...

Just over 7 KM according to Google Maps ;)

Glad they finally exchanged it for you Cass. B was getting nervous about me going into the computer store so often *lol*