Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I week celebration!

Because even small steps should be praised. I'm doing well and happy with how the house looks. Yesterday my chore of the day was the kitchen and I wiped down all the lower cabinet doors as well as the front of the stove, dishwasher, pantry and fridge(all of them are white). I was very surprised at how much better they looked ... how dirty were they?

I have more laundry than usual today. The last three days it's been all I can do to scrape up two full loads a day but I have mostly thanks to A's continuing bed wetting. Everyday this week I have had to wash a sheet and blanket from his bed and the blanket is always a load on its own. I don't mind though two loads a day is pretty easy. Today I stripped and changed K's bed with fall coming on now she's using blankets again and she's been sleeping on top of her memory foam pad(Thanks for that Mom she loves it) with no sheet for over a month so i thought it was time to make up her bed properly. I'm sure she'll sleep much better tonight. That of course added to the laundry considerably(2 blankets and a sheet) so I now have 4 loads of laundry today...although 3 of them are blankets so very easy - just feed the machines.

My chore of the day today is to wash floors ... normally I would have washed the kitchen floor yesterday but the humidity and warmer than usual temperatures here in Southern Ontario wore me out so I left it to today. This morning I re-printed my routines(the stuff I have to do every single day) in a bigger font and added Lock doors to the list for Evening Routine as I again forgot to close and lock the back door last night and it was open all night(I've done this several times over the summer - I tend to be forgetful). J gave me a chill when he replied to my "Well I can't get it every night ..." with "Think of that when someone comes into the house while we're sleeping and takes one of the kids." Yeah I won't forget again ... talk about put a scare into me!!

Anyway enough slacking I'd better get to work ... and M is upstairs on her own again I just know she's up to something!

Cass :)

No comments: