Saturday, January 13, 2007

What a day!

Remember when I said M had fallen off the arm of the couch last weekend? Well this weekend she was still favouring her arm so I decided that when I went in to get my ears checked I would take her as well to make sure something more serious wasn't going on. As you can see in the X-Ray that was taken today there was something more, she broke her collarbone. You'd never know it except for when it got jarred though...she has been her same happy self all week...just not moving her shoulder much. We have a splint for her now and the Dr said that that will make her more comfortable while it heals but isn't totally necessary..which makes me feel a little better about not bringing her in sooner.

We did our family day as usual and J dropped M & I off at the clinic(at about noon) on his way to dropping K off at a birthday party. Then he swung back by the clinic to see if we were done. We were but I had the news that he needed to take us to the X-ray department at the hospital to get her X-rayed to confirm the break so the Dr could splint her (my other option was to go wait in Emerg for 6 hours, thanks but no thanks). We had to get the X-ray done and then go back to the clinic. While we were there the Dr had my ears flushed as they were all full of wax and I couldn't hear right, she also prescribed drops, but I'm sure you aren't that interested in my ears so let me continue about the day.

So off to the hospital we went ... as soon as I got out of the van and J was driving away I realized I had forgotten M's health card in the van. "Oh well, we'll just call Daddy and get the number if we need it." I said with a smile and away we went, it was about 1:30pm. At 2pm the receptionist called J and got him to give her the health card number, we were all done at about 2:30pm and ready to go back to the clinic. I called home ... and got the call answer that takes care of calls if someone is on the phone or the phone is off the hook. I couldn't figure out who J could be talking to! I called every 10 minutes but kept getting call answer until finally I wised up and called my good friend C and told her husband to get someone to come to my house to tell J that I was ready to be picked up.

J got there to get me at 4:25pm. I had waited about 2 and 1/2 hours because J had not hung up the phone correctly after my call to get the heath card number *sigh* M was good as gold the entire day and fell asleep both at the clinic while we waited to be seen (the first time) and at the hospital while we waited for Daddy.

K need to be picked up at 5pm but we swung by the clinic and got M's splint and were only about 10 minutes late picking her up. We decided to eat at the Burger King where K's friend had had her birthday dinner (after a movie) and at long last arrived back home at 6pm. I'm glad to be home but sad that my littlest had to be the first child of mine to break a bone and guilty that I didn't take her in sooner to be looked at.

A has re-taken his vow of silence this this afternoon and has done fantastic this time and is only an hour and a half away from being silent for 8 and a half hours!!! I have to say I'm sad I didn't get to enjoy his afternoon of silence!

I think that's it...family day, clinic, hospital, x-ray, clinic, Burger King, home :) Poor J must feel like a taxi driver!

Cass :)

2 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Ah, poor darling. Heal fast M !

Anonymous said...

sorry about M. i hope she feels better soon!