Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wanna Bet?

What fun! A bet at my house!

Yup today during family day for some reason I remembered a couple of times when I was a teenager when I went a day without speaking just to see if anyone would notice (they did) I wrote notes and used body language but didn't speak. When I mentioned it to my family they all thought that was a pretty cool(K & A)/pretty silly(J) thing to do. A actually took the challenge right then and I told him that if he could go the remainder of the day (8 hours) without talking that Daddy would take him to Toys R Us tomorrow to pick out a toy.

Then things got interesting, J stated that there is no way I could do it now with a family to take care of and I said I could. So we have a bet: Tomorrow I will spend my day as usual housework, caring for my kids and so on but I will not speak, yell, sing or whisper. I will not use my vocal skills at all. If I can get through the entire day without a peep ... from the time I wake up until I fall asleep J will get the the (he thinks) insanely expensive headphones I want for my Shuffle:



Nifty huh? They cost about $40CDN and from what I've read are pretty nice, stay in your ear and are comfy. I have seen way more expensive in-ear headphones (you know they even have them in the $200 mark?) but these seem to be pretty nice and aren't too overpriced (as far as I'm concerned), they have a lifetime warranty and if you mess up and wreck them I've read in passing that they'll even give you half the purchase price back...or 50% off your next set or something like that. All from other consumers of course...I'll have to read the fine print when I get them :) Oh yes I will win (and even if I don't I'll buy these babies myself!).

We gave A a three strikes deal with his silence pact but sadly he failed after 3 hours of doing it. Pretty good for a kid that talks almost non-stop, I was very impressed!!

I won't have three strikes, if I mess up I'm out of luck.

I'll try to Blog my progress tomorrow but don't think I'll have too much trouble.

Cass :)


No comments: