Friday, January 18, 2008

Stressful morning!

This post is dedicated to M(you know who you are) who was wonderful and supportive when i was a weepy mess. Thanks M for the drive and the support!!

Uh-huh, now I have a puppy to stress over as well as the kids! I got up this morning and realized that little S hadn't eaten her night feeding from the night before. After her morning trip outside she didn't eat and drink like she usually does(if there is a usually after only having her for one day shy of a week) but went right back to sleep. She played a little at about 7ish but mostly she wanted to sleep. When I took her out again at about 10am she still didn't eat or drink upon coming back into the house and I started to worry ... a lot ... I called the vet who informed me that no a 7 week old puppy really shouldn't go over 12 hours without eating and I should bring her in. After some calling around a good friend of mine agreed to drive me to the vet's office and I got an appointment for just after 11am and took her in.

She's fine. Just wasn't eating. Anyway I was given a couple cans of supplement food and was told by the vet to give her some of it with a syringe if she didn't eat an hour after I got home. I did that and when I went to give her more and hour or so later she was licking the food off the syringe so I thought if she liked it so much I would squirt it on her food ... she ate the whole 1/2 cup in about 5 minutes!! I have no idea why she quit eating but hopefully it won't happen again!

Cass :)

2 comments:

Vix said...

try just mixing wet with dry food when u run out of her supplement or adding some warm milk. it makes it easier to chew

Cassandra said...

Actually I've weaned her off the supplement and switched her to a new food as well and she's doing great now. As far as J&I have been able to figure out S went off her food because little M had messed with it(mixed a little water with her food and a lot of her food with her water). We've strongly advised her that doing that will never happen again.