Saturday, January 12, 2008

News!!

Mr. Cat is not pleased to announce a rather quick addition to the family ...

Please Welcome:
Our new Puppy Ms. S.

As I'm sure you all remember our Old Dog died of probable heart failure on Christmas Day morning 2006 at the ripe old age of 16 and is much missed by me and the rest of the family. We, however, have been talking of getting another dog for the last 6 months at least but were hesitating due to money issues and the desire to give a little breathing room before bringing a new puppy into our lives.

Today PetSmart hosted several shelters in the area and we went to apply for a puppy and we were surprised to find they handed them over right then(which is cool) and we didn't have to wait. S is one of 8 puppies that were there from the same litter. She is 7 weeks old and is a Lab/Sheppard/Husky mix.

We hope she will live with us as happily and as long as Old Dog did and are happy to have another four legged freeloader in the house.

Cass :)

PS - Yup this is my excuse to stay close to home for the next couple months at least. :)

5 comments:

semele said...

Aw, she's adorable. That's exactly the breed mix that sounds best for your family, loyal and playful and good with kids. And she's just how a puppy should look, happy and healthy and cute as a bug's ear.

Cassandra said...

Thanks, It'll be even better once she's a bit bigger and not missing her 7 litter mates so much. Of course we are spoiling her; A slept near to her last night and it will be my turn tonight. J just informed me today that he has booked Monday and Tuesday off as well. I know they say to let them whine it out the first few nights but she's so little and once she's big she'll be able to come to us at night if she's feeling lonley. Yeah I don't let my babies sleep alone either and we don't mind dogs on beds and stuff. So far she's doing very well about going on the papers we have down for her.

I need a nap.

Jennifer said...

Awwww!! She is the cutest puppy I've ever seen! I want one!!! I'm so jealous right now (I'm guessing so is the cat!) I bet the children are made up, I know I would be!

Good luck with everything and I'm sure she'll be a good companion.

Vandi said...

She is so cuuuuuuuute!

Anonymous said...

I'm still jealous Cass - but I really hope you guys all enjoy your new family member.