Friday, January 25, 2008

Don't look! It's a house tour!

Against my better judgment ... okay I have three planned kids, I have no better judgment ... I took up a challenge by an internet friend to share pics of my house(no cleaning just take the shots and share) she went first so I decided to do the same. So with no more fanfare(okay maybe a little) here are pictures of my house.

Please note all the rooms in my house are 10 feet by 10 feet or less. I took the shots by standing in the corner or doorway of the room, held the camera over my head and tilted it. This gives an almost complete shot in one picture.

If you picture my house from above it is a square with 4 squares inside in the corners(living room, bedrooms, kitchen) and a couple tiny rectangles in the middle area (basement stairs, bathroom, hallway) and one tacked on the back(the back room).

Left front room - living room(M is in this shot - under the seat of the second chair)Hall to the rest of the house - this shot shows(from left to right) A's bedroom door, the basement door and the girls room door. Also in this shot is the hamper that I keep my extra flour in and the side of the pantry.Right front room - A's room - I am in the doorway and in the corner(bottom left of the shot) is his dresser.Right middle room - The bathroom is significant because it serves 5 and is tiny!! The bathroom door is opposite the basement door.Right back room - The girls room - K moved just so she could be in this shot.Left back room - The kitchen. In mid right side of the picture is the sink.The back room or mudroom. In this shot it is set up for Play Doh play(which clearly the kids had moved on from since they were all in the living room).Right middle - The death stairs to the basement - I took no basement shots because if you look you can find shots of my bed and computer areas already in my blog.Last but no where near least - my huge giant backyard. The small green shed is the back limit of my property. Of course the yard is only huge in comparison to my house.

2 comments:

semele said...

Fun!

I love the candy stripes in the girls' room. A's room has leaves on the floor, that's odd. Probably from a craft project, I'm guessing.

Extra flour? I have a 1 lb bag since last year that probably needs to be thrown out. Extra! Haha.

Sims would constantly complain in your bathroom.

Yard is beautiful! I wonder what it looks like all green. I'd have so many plants and benches back there plus a zen rake-the-rocks area. You'd go "too much upkeep!" And so would I. The only plants I have are in planters (dumb homeowners association) and they have to be able to live off occasional (twice a year?) Miracle Grow dirt and the harsh Florida sun and rain. I never water although I quite enjoy them. Plants have to be hearty and I have several that are.

The very first picture looks so typical of how you've described your kids. A's being wild on the chair, M's being silly under the cushions, and K's being her age completely. If I scrapbooked your family, that'd be my cover shot.

Cassandra said...

In Reply:

Thanks the stripes in the girls room was hard.The leaves are there on purpose we vanished then into the floor back when we redid the room in a forest theme.

We buy 20 lb bags :)

Yeah the bathroom is tiny, I know.

There are shots of my yard in my Photobucket:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v602/cassblonde/Garden/

I don't have much int he backyard - I'd like to plant a whole bunch of trees and have less grass.

Thanks, You've made my day by not saying anything mean about my tiny messy house :) It's an older home and shows it's age because we never finish anything and J & I enjoy doing as little as possible.