Friday, July 06, 2007

Problem solved ... dilemmas in everyday life.

I am constantly solving problems as a person and a mother and housewife. In the past I have come up with stuff that has impressed other people. After all there is talk of something that is the Mother of invention ... no one ever mentions a Father ... which leads me to believe a lot of the really good ideas out there were originally from women only we didn't get the credit for it. Of course you must all remember I am a female chauvinist and have a hard time with the idea that most men are useful for much more than recreation(my dear J is a shining exemption to this by the way).

One solution I have come up with is:

Plastic weather cover blowing up and your dear baby getting a face full of cold air or rain? Velcro tabs placed on the cover and the frame of your stroller will fix that! Then the cover is easily fastened down.

A lot of moms loved that one.

I've come up with other stuff; I have shelves I put up with rope and nails all over my basement ... you can put them up on flat walls as well if you can find two studs and are willing to hammer a couple nails into the wall*grin*. Most of mine are hung from the exposed floor joists in the ceiling. A lot of my solutions are quick and dirty and involve hammering nails into stuff, it drives J nuts I'm sure but keeps him from getting nagged by me to do it properly.

What brought all this on? Well it was my new king duvet that brought it on. I've been struggling with it to get it properly into the duvet cover ... I thought I had already solved this problem by cutting up a soft fabric belt that came with a pair of my new shorts(it looked terrible with them) and making it into ties in the corner to tie it into the cover but I was still having trouble with it and the bed didn't look as nice as it should.

I was thinking about it this morning while I was trying to take a nap and the kids were jumping on the bed ... the bed had looked particularly bad this morning and I could tell that the duvet just wasn't in the cover right. So I decided to sew some lengths of yarn along the edges to hold the duvet into the cover better than just the four corner ties were holding it. Once I got done with one edge I realized what the real problem was ... I had put the duvet into the cover wrong. I went back and snipped the yarn loops off and turned it and everything lined up perfectly ... I still did the yarn loops around the outer edge and then turned the duvet cover back inside right and remade my bed. Now it looks great :) Of course I may end up cursing those loops if I ever have to clean the cover. *chuckle*

So now I feel all smart again *grin* I'm sure it won't last but I'll enjoy it while it does.

Cass :)

2 comments:

Vix said...

I've been known to come up with some pretty clever solutions to everyday problems myself...Can't think of any off the top of my head-but those are great ideas you have. Glad you fixed your problems.

Vix said...

OH I LOVE the buble wrap page.