Saturday, July 14, 2007

Snip, snip, rip, rip ... Is this worth it?

So I was off to the hairdresser's again today and I got a bunch of my hair cut off. It's a short layered deal that will be out of my way and I like it :There now none of you who know me will be shocked or anything :) I think it expresses my personality well and I just finished making another appointment with my hairdresser for Monday morning to get some highlights put in ... I'm thinking a mahogany or burgundy streaks, we'll see. My hair has gotten so dark, almost black, since I entered my 30s that I am sick of it just looking like a formless blob on my head. I've never dyed my hair so figured I'd go with a pro the first time(sorry L, I guess we'll have to stick to dinners ... when are we due again?).

My hairdresser is after me to get my eyebrows shaped as well ... at this point I'm going to be dropping money with her almost every month for something ... either facial waxing or streaking or haircuts. *sigh* I feel better but am still not sure if it's worth the money, I guess it is since I do feel more attractive(although that may be more of an inside thing than an outside reality since I was the only one that was really bothered by my mustache, or always tied back hair, or thick eyebrows, or single shade hair ...) with the newer clothes I have as well I feel much more put together and more at ease. I guess if I'm doing all this for anyone it has to be for me.

It's funny how things change as you get older ... the idea of grey hair has never really bothered me but I have hated my mustache since I was 16 and I have always liked the idea of more red in my hair. I never thought I would be off to the hairdresser once every 6-8 weeks to have stuff done(let alone stuff that hurts!) but here I am. Go figure. I also never thought I would be this heavy or the mother of three children(how the heck did that happen?!) or in my 30s! I'm hoping the new look will help encourage me to stick with my "go to the Y everyday the kids have school" plan for the fall ... just the daily walk will make a huge difference in my weight I'm sure! Sticking to it will be another story especially when it's really cold or raining or I just don't feel like it.

Yeah, this getting older thing? Not for the weak willed I can see ... and I'm just starting out!!

Cass :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To answer your question....totally worth every penny! Look at your smile while you were wearing the silly cap, you love it! And I know what you mean about waking up one day and realizing "holy sh*t, I'm the mother of X number of kids and I'm over 30 - when did that happen?!" lol ;)

Vix said...

I think that if it makes YOU feel good-do it. When I got down to my goal weight I went out and bought a bunch of new clothes, which made me want to keep the weight off so I kept on excersizing. I would even actually wear make up-and for those who know me they know its something I NEVER do. When you get stuff like that done, its like painfully rewarding yourself for the work you've done and makes you feel better inside and out. I like the hair cut, it does suit you.