Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Complications ... complications ...


I have spent entirely too much time the last two days muttering "Why can't this just be easy!?" under my breath. So I thought I would share, aren't I nice?

First thing is that I have been fighting with the computers to recognize our printer now that it is plugged into the Gaming Computer rather than the Old Computer ... Why stress about this? because I need to print out a little "Hi I'm A's Mom, here's our number please call over the summer so our kids can play together" thing for A to handout at school and tomorrow is their last day! I have no idea if it will do any good but I thought it would be worth a try. The first stumbling block to that was that I needed to buy ink for the printer as it was all out. So I did that and I put the new cartridges in this morning(and that was a bit of a fight as well) . I also got the Gaming Computer to realize it had a printer on it but couldn't find it from the New Computer. After some back and forth and a few loudly thought curse words I finally found that the dang thing had defaulted to not sharing*sigh* so I fixed it and finally got the letters printed out! Phew! Now I just have to get them to A and make sure he hands them out.

Yesterday I had another thing happen that was similar. I wanted to set up a bookmark to this site for M, I knew she would just love it. So I get on her account on the Old Computer and there's no address window. I find that and then realize the keyboard isn't working, it had come unplugged. I got it plugged in but then found the mouse wasn't working. Argh! Re-booted the computer and finally got it all set up for her*sigh* still way more aggravation than I expected!!

Yesterday evening I went out with my Mom to buy the ink for the printer and just when we were waiting for Mom to finish some stuff up and M and I were sitting in the car M told me she had to pee. Not thinking there would be bathrooms in the store we had been in I decided to run her into the mall that store is attached to. After going up two flights of stairs and along a walkway for a bit I got to the door I knew led to some washrooms to find that corridor was closed for renovations and we had to use another door nearby. Once inside we walked around to the corridor from the inside to find that the washrooms were closed for renovations as well and we had to go to an alternate bathroom(thankfully only across the hall and down another corridor). We made it in time but since I am PMSing my temper is short and since it's hot it's even shorter. I was not happy.

Today A has a class trip to a Zoo. I had to pack him a lunch, find sunscreen(and I couldn't find the one I wanted I have no idea where it went!) and find his new hat that his Dad just bought him recently. I want to say now: I Hate Looking For Things. We have a small house, I should be able to put my hand on what I want with minimal thought and effort. If I am forced to look everywhere in the house twice to find something I get very grumbley. I finally got him all screened up and the kids left for school just fine but it was still a grouchy morning.

I had a nice sleep in this morning but it's hot already and I am hoping for no more irritations today*crosses fingers*.

Cass :)

1 comment:

semele said...

PMS makes you grumbly? Who'd have thought! Hahaha. My husband said to me the other day: "I want to help, but when you come home in the evening you are just so moody. I don't want to piss you off." I replied "Here's a tip: calling me moody doesn't help."

:p