Tuesday, June 26, 2007

An update, because I know you all are just dieing to find out how I've been! :)

Just a general update here with a few specifics on how the new stuff is settling into the house tossed in for fun.

K is just a week or so from going with her father's(my first husband) parents down to Florida and Disney World. They come to get her July 3rd. She's excited and I am happy for her. K is getting to a scary age, for me, she'll be 12 in November and I worry about boys and sex more all the time but so far she's still a very young 11 and shows no signs of being as bad as I was at that age, yet. How my Mom handled all this I have no idea, I guess I'll have to ask her the next time I see her.

After meeting with A's teacher and principle they made it clear that A would do better being moved forward with his classmates and that if I wanted him held back I would have to go to my school board over it. We settled on a compromise(sort of - *rolls eyes* - I still feel bulldozed) of him being in a split 1/2 class so he's exposed to the grade 1 work again. I have a feeling I've covered this already. A is the same very talkative boy that draws constantly as ever, I actually went out and bought a 500 sheet package of all purpose paper for him and put it in a basket on the dining room table. I think he's about halfway through it now :) I went through the drawings the other day and pulled about 6 that were really quite good ... now I have to find them again.

M is beginning to point out letters here and there, which is cool since I really don't work with her at all ... she does spend a lot of time at www.starfall.org though. For a 3 year old she really is quite computer savvy and can wake up come downstairs and turn on her computer without even thinking about it. I haven't decided if that's sad or not yet :) M & I went to the Y yesterday and she had a good time even though she managed to walk into a pole and gave herself a nice big bruise on her forehead.

J & I have been sleeping very well on the new bed even from the first night. The bed actually forced me into a nap yesterday afternoon after I had read a story to M on it, I just couldn't stay awake and started to doze while I was reading to her!! The combination of the firm twin beds with the 2" memory foam topper is very comfy! The bed still feels about a mile wide to me but it is very comfortable and J says he's sleeping better as well. I placed the box springs directly on the floor and the mattresses haven't shifted one bit(which was an issue with our double bed), neither has the topper(which was an issue with the featherbed on the double). With J's help bed making is way easier though, when I make the King alone I have to run around the bed a lot to get it looking the way I want. I'm not sure why I bother, the bed is always M's first stop of the day and she climbs into it and makes a bit of a mess of the bedding ... yesterday I hadn't even heard her come down and when I went to take the breakfast dishes upstairs I saw a big lump in the bed and realized it was her. *laugh*

I have settled into my computer well as well ... after some adjustment(I had to load the stuff I was used to on it and figure out how to plug the speakers in). It is very cool!!

System Specifications:
Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo Dual-Core
Mainboard: ASUS® P5B- E intel P965 Chipset
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 667MHz Dual-Ch. Memory
Hard Disk: 250GB 7200rpm SATA 3G Drive 16MB Cache
Optical Drive: 18X MAX DVD/RW Dual Layer
Video Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256M PCI- E Graphics
Sound Card: Six Channel High Definition Audio
Keyboard: Saitek Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Gaming Mouse
Speakers: Cdn Designed Edifer 2.1 Subwoofer Speakers
Network: 10/100/1000 Network Interface (on board)
Enclosure: Ferrari-red Case - dual 12V 430W Power
Operating Sys: Microsoft Windows XP Home
Monitor: Viewsonic 20in Widescreen LCD
Warranty: 1 Yr Parts & Labor System Warranty

Okay you computer geeks, like me, have permission to drool ... trust me I still am and it's mine!! *does a happy dance*


Thanks Mom!!!

Cass :)

2 comments:

Vix said...

EDUCATION is the best tool to provent sexual permiscuity. No, not that crap they teach you in healt or sex ed but the real deal honest to god truth about it. Not, honney you must wait for love, or "when a man and a woman fall in love they decide to have a baby" or any of those other bs stories that people try to push on their children. When I was 6 (which was about the time she was pregnant with my sister.) my mother sat down with me before I could even begin to ask where babies came from and explained the basics of sex. The condoms, other birth control options, the complete facts-as I grew older she never pushed that whole, "Wait till its love" because she was permiscuas like you and didn't believe in the whole "Do as I say not as I do theory" which I sort of agree with in a way, but any ways...as I grew older she added more to it, including the STD's and the emotional things to it...and I decided I wasn't going to go into it with out being sure. I was never permiscuas although I had more knowledge than all of my friends I did and still do have WAY less partners under my belt (2). I knew how to take care of myself and what to do when I did decide to have sex, and my mom never treated sex like its a bad thing, because all teenagers want is the oppisite of what their parents want. I don't know if this is how you want to deal with K but it is a suggestion. ;) You'll do great Cass! Parenting is a trial and error situation. I strongly believe that the job of the parent is to rais a functioning member of society, no matter what they grow up and become as long as they become then you did your job right-they are ment to fall flat orn their tooshies, but as long as they know how to pick themselves back up that's all that matters! Oh and another tip, teenagers tend to want to be the oppisite of their parents so be honest about your past....or not whatever you choose!

Cassandra said...

I agree with you Vixn and I guess it's about time I set aside some time to talk alone with Kirsten about the whole deal and go into a little more detail this time...she's ready and I want to give her the information now...before those hormones get carried away with her!!