Friday, June 08, 2007

General Update and A Cheer for my Mom!

Okay...news, I'm sure I have some :)

After talking with A's teacher and the principle of his school in a nice meeting on Wednesday. Well I wanted to have A held back in grade one but I was told that I would have to fight(go above the principle of my school) to have it done and in the end we decided that A will go into grade 2 but he will be in a split 1 & 2 class. I don't have the energy to fight with them and only hope that I see improvement. A's teacher feels A is beginning to learn now and is behaving better in class. A still doesn't know how to read(it's almost the end of grade 1) but I can see that he is getting flickers of what he needs to know. Hopefully if we work with him some over the summer he will also improve. I feel a touch railroaded but also agreed with their stance on why he should be promoted(friends & confidence & unspecified 'research'). I'm not totally happy with it but have taken the wait-and-see approach.

K is doing well in school and will no doubt sail into grade 7 with no trouble ... boys and dating are just around the corner ... *mutters "Go to your happy place...."*

M is starting school this fall ... yeah I know, hard to grasp but it's true and she's very excited about it!

J & I are coming up on 9 years together. I still love him very much and find it hard to come to terms with the fact we've been together for so long. We're happy but currently are struggling a little with money...I'm hoping if we continue with our supper menuing and buying groceries only once a week we can keep expenses down until we get thru this. Time will tell.

On the note of having no money(because we have to buy pesky food) I want everyone to know what a wonderful Mom I have*cues big band music*: Today my Mom took me clothes shopping and bought me 4 shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, and 2 new bras. She wouldn't take no for an answer and I feel very proud of my nice new clothes(it must have been about 1 year since I bought any new clothes for myself) and happy that I will look nicer this summer even if I am still heavy.
Thanks Mom!!
Well that's it...happy me. I'm tired and need to put kids to bed soonish but it's been a neat day!

Cass :)

No comments: