Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Zen day ... Flying high :)


No I haven't embraced my inner hippy and started smoking pot. I'm just tripping on how well my day went today even though lots of stuff didn't go as planned.

I started the day by sleeping in because I was tired from M getting me up during the night. I got up at 6:45am and grabbed a shower. Then I got dressed, made a tea and went on the computer for a few minutes.

At 7:10am I got the kids up, told K she had to shower because she was leaving for her grandparent's for the weekend and put out the garbage(including a bag of stuff I gathered last minute from the backyard). Also please note it was snowing ... in April*sigh* gotta love a Canadian spring.

I ran thru my morning routine fairly quickly and sent A & K off to school. Then I finished the paperwork I needed to do for A's pediatrician and spent some time on the phone with my good friend C(who's morning wasn't going quite so smoothly) . I made up our menu for the week as well as the grocery list to go with it, that I later e-mailed to J. While I was doing the menu K's grandfather called to ask if they could get K earlier because of the weather and we moved their pick up from 4pm to 1pm.

I remembered to call in my prescription for a refill to be delivered.

By then is was pushing lunchtime but I squeezed in a half-hour of computer time before I had to cook. While we were eating lunch I debated keeping the kids home for the afternoon since we kept getting snow squalls but decided to send K with A to get him to school, she then came back to wait for her grandparents. Also while we were eating lunch another friend of mine called and regretfully canceled her play date for the afternoon, which was cool and went over all right.

At 1pm my prescription was delivered and shortly after that K's grandparents arrived to take her for the weekend.

Once she was gone I decided the best way to combat my general feeling of tiredness and headache was to take a short nap. M wasn't interested in a nap so I made as sure as I could be that she wasn't going to make a huge mess and went to lay down.

I woke a 1/2 hour later feeling much better and all M had gotten into were some old pictures. Shortly after I woke up the school called to tell me A needed a change of pants(he mistook a poop for a toot and ... well ... you get the idea). I told them I would just take him home after that then since it was very close to dismissal time anyway.

On the way home we stopped at my friend C's as she had asked me to(a little early) and had a short visit before heading home.

I got home and started setting up for supper and waiting for J to get home with the groceries. When he did we quickly had everything put away and were soon sitting down to chat while supper cooked. J had had a fairly stressful day and I told him about my 'nothing goes as planned' day that was surprisingly not stressful at all.

We talked more about the puppy an decided that we actually can't afford one this year. Maybe next year. I'm good with that and actually suggested it last week. I'm sure the kids will be a little sad but I feel that it shows more respect to Sammy's passing than getting one so soon. We still miss him a lot.

I am still in shock at how well my re-implemented Flying is going. My stress levels are way down, I dealt gracefully and cheerfully with all the changes that happened today and I just feel so darn good. This is great.

Cass :)

2 comments:

CanadianMama said...

YAY for a stressfree day, Cass.

semele said...

They deliver prescriptions where you live? That'd be a fantastic service.