Monday, April 16, 2007

I can fight it ... *sigh*

Mr. Giraffe over here is my picture of this post. I am fighting something, probably another infection in my tonsils by the feel of it. My tonsils are a little swollen, enough to make swallowing a little unpleasant and causing me to snore like a buzz saw at night which wakes me up :( Now that same tenderness has moved into my right jaw joint which makes chewing a little unpleasant. I keep getting these nagging not-quite-but-almost headaches and neckaches as well. *sigh* I want to go to the Y and workout but as long as I feel like I'm fighting something off I don't think it's a good idea to overexert myself ... am I wrong? I don't feel ill enough to go to the doctor and don't want to take another course of antibiotics if my body can fight this on it's own.

Ah well, M is fighting off some sniffles and I get to go shopping with my Mom this afternoon because she got her income tax return in(she got way more back than J & I) and wants to buy some belated Easter stuff for the kids and knows I don't want more candy in the house. I like going out with my Mom and I'm hoping the outing with her will make me feel better than the outing I had with M this morning(during which I bought shoes for M & A) in the rain, Yick! I'll see about getting some new clothes for the kids(I'm thinking raincoats all around, really) and hanging out with my Mom *grin*. It's all good.

Cass :)

2 comments:

semele said...

Exercise in moderation will actually boost your immune system. But you shouldn't overexert yourself. Then you'll just be miserable. Maybe take your regular workout and cut it in half?

Cassandra said...

Thanks for the info ... I did get out and walk twice yesterday and I plan on going for a walk tomorrow as well.

I don't really have a regular workout anymore ... at this point I'm trying to get back into it. My plan is three mornings a week but I haven't managed it in months :(

On the bright side, my house has never looked better!!