Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter - let the sugar high begin!


Now we didn't get the kids anything nearly as adorable as this picture of a chocolate bunny I found online but it still gets the idea across so I'm happy :)

J took the time and picked up Easter candy for K, A, & M yesterday and got up early to make sure the kids woke up to their treats(well except for K who is away - she'll find hers when she gets back).

Later we will have a ham dinner but otherwise that's pretty much it for our celebration of Easter ... we're very secular in our house.

I will also bring out some toys from storage as well since J also got both A & M small toys as well that reminded me of toys they have asked for(in M's case) or that they just have(in A's case). These will be the first toys removed from storage since my toy purge and I have heard pretty much no complaints since I did so. In fact the kids play more together now and spend more time with J & I than before. I really think I'm onto something here. Less is better after all and the kids don't even miss all the toys they had. Who knew?

Have a happy Easter everyone!

Cass :)

3 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Cass - I am thrilled to hear that the toy purge has gone over fairly well. I'm seriously thinking it's time to do something similar here. We're over-run with toys, but the kids seem to toss them about more than play with them.

Our Easter sounds even more low-key than yours was - no candy, no Bunny, nothing. We did have baked chicken, stuffing and potatoes though - that was quite good.

Cassandra said...

I highly recommend the toy purge. Cut them way back. Trust me when I say, at least with my kids, there have been no negative repercussions. The kids are happy and playing just as much as before but now instead of being angry that they can play with a piece of paper they drew on for an hour when they have $100s of dollars worth of toys in their rooms I am just happy they are happy and playing and thankful there is only one peice of paper to clean up later(or several if it gets shredded in playing).

It may just be me but my Mom always told me that kids only need two toys each. Anything more than that and they just get over whelmed.

Now I agree with her.

semele said...

I would have never thought of that, but I'm loving the idea vicariously.