Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Things I learned today ...


Yup, they say you learn something new everyday ... I seem to have to re-learn stuff.

1. M is bored, I know this because she peed on the floor again today.

2. There was a can of Comet under the kitchen sink ...

3. M found a way to amuse herself(see #2), she emptied the entire can of Comet onto the living room rug.

4. You can't vacuum up Comet with a vacuum that has a HEPA filter(thank goodness mine is washable!) it clogs instantly.

5. It takes 45 minutes to haul a 8X10 area rug outside, hang it over a fence, beat Comet out of it, sweep in the living room, try not to take the stick you found to beat the carpet to you 3 year old, and haul said carpet back into the house.

6. After 45 minutes of cleaning up the mess your 3 year old did and then making lunch for everyone your 11 year old looks at the carpet in the living room and says "I'm not even going to ask..." when she comes home from school ... lesson there? I have a very smart 11 year old.

7. 11 year old daughters give very nice hugs when you are tired out from cleaning up 3 year old daughter's messes.

8. 6 year old sons don't notice anything.

9. M gives very good snuggles once I was willing to have her within 5' of me and I forgive her, of course.

Main lesson learned: DON'T LEAVE M ALONE UPSTAIRS!!!

Why do I have to keep learning this one? ... makes me miss the day she dumped an entire bag of oatmeal on the living room carpet ...

Cass :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a banner day. Yech. Take that girl everywhere with you! I don't know what I'd do if Madelyn did that to my carpet. First I'd thank god she didn't eat it and then I'd probably lock her in her room. lol I'm kidding of course.

CanadianMama said...

At least the carpet is clean now, right ? Silver linings !