Thursday, December 06, 2007

What this I'm feeling ... ?

Ah ha! I have found a glimmer of Christmas Spirit in my heart at long last! I tend to have to drag myself kicking and screaming into December. The kids beg me to put up the tree but I always refuse until December. This year the turning point was going Christmas Shopping(although finally getting my period after a week of hellish PMS may have had something to do with it as well) for presents for J with a good friend.

Today I also took the plunge and wrapped the gifts we have in the house and put them up on the TV stand with the tree ... I'm sure we have a shot in my Blog from last year let me check. Ah here it is! That's our tree from last year. The tree itself is always the same but I think we have more gifts this year. I'll post a picture later this month.

Of course let's not forget that it was almost a year ago that Sammy, our old dog passed away ... /sniffle/ which still makes me sad. Just the other day I stopped by someone's house that had a black lab that so deeply reminded me of Sammy that I just stood there crying and petting their dog. I excused myself ahead of time explaining that we had lost our dog and it still makes me sad(yes, I'm crying now in fact /sigh/).

Anyway it is meant to be a happy time of the year and although I still miss him I know he had a good life and a very long life.

Now I must brace myself for tomorrow. A has a doctor appointment and we're going to have to take 3 buses to get there! His appointment is for 10:50 am and we will have to leave the house at about 8:45am to get there in time(leaving us a little wiggle room just in case we miss a connection). I hope all the buses meet up correctly!! Yeah ... I'm sure it will be loads of fun ... not!

Cass :)

No comments: