Thursday, December 13, 2007

A surprise visit on a busy night ...

Yesterday evening was very busy for me, it was Christmas Concert night at my kids' school and my two younger ones were both performing and were excite about it so I went. The crazy thing was that the two kids performed over an hour apart. M was up first and had to be at the school for 5:15pm to go on at 5:30pm ... I wasn't supposed to go get her from her classroom until 6pm but as soon as she was off the stage I took off with her. A was to be at the school for 6:45pm to go on sometime between 6:30 and 7pm - A always ends up going last so I end up sitting through all the performances ... kind of my penance for ducking out early on the little kids earlier one.

So I was sitting around in the living room hoping J would be home by 5pm so he could drive me to the school for M's performance and I wouldn't have to walk it(again for the 4th time that day: I walk the kids to school and I go pick them up at lunchtime and yesterday was Craft Club for A so I had to walk a third time). I heard the door and shouted back to the back door "Is that you honey?" and my Mom's voice answered "No it's your Mother." I was so happy!! Her timing was perfect to show up on Concert night with her car :) Of course I was happy to see her as well!

We had a lovely visit, took M to her performance came back home and had supper(which I had cooked and ready very early so it was just serve and eat) then went back for A's performance. K opted to stay at the school after M's performance and M had to be placated with making cookies with Daddy when Mom and I took A to his but overall the evening was very pleasant! Mom is going to be back on the weekend to have a more Christmassy visit since she has to work on Christmas day.

So I just want everyone to know what a great Mom I have ... she has exquisite timing!! Only her showing up made my evening as nice as it could be considering how much I dislike having my routine messed with.

K took some pictures and some video of the performance I'll post them later because M is up(and it's 6am here) and needs to be settled in her spot on the couch:)

Cass :)

No comments: