Saturday, March 10, 2007

Phase One, Done!


Another entry about the Toy Purge of 2007:

Got all the toys out of the kids bedrooms and a bunch of stuff tossed as well ... although I can see there is more stuff that needs to go over the next several months of just general household stuff that isn't being used or is broken.

The kids seem to be adjusting well to the fact they have almost no toys, which just goes to show you we give them way too much. They've been playing more with each other than usual as well, also a good thing. I think the fact I warned them that the toy purge/storage time was coming helped a great deal.

Of course the next big step is letting all the extended family know that the only gifts I want in future is cash or clothes ... I also have to make the time to let them all know current sizes and clothing tastes(Like no dresses for M, and only pull up pants for A, and nothing revealing or that has words on the bum for K). All doable, of course.

March break is upon me and I have my week planned out fairly well. Only Monday is up in the air(maybe C will come visit us with her boys?), Tuesday is K's dentist appointment to make her mouth guard for her teeth grinding, Wednesday I'll be going to visit a friend I haven't seen in person in a couple of years, Thursday is A's pediatrician appointment, and Friday we will relax or maybe have another visit with C and her boys depending on how stir crazy the kids are. That's a busy enough week for me!

Things have calmed down here, although M continues to cause trouble and pee on the floor. I keep reminding myself to watch her more closely ... sooner or later it will sink in!!

Cass :)

2 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Sounds like your toy purge went well Cass. I'm envious.

Enjoy your week - and let me know when we can get together.

Tee said...

Hey Cass,

I should follow your example and do a toy perge myself!

Sounds like you have a busy week planned. Talk to you soon I hope.