Thursday, March 29, 2007

Flying again ...

Not all that long ago(although it may have been about a year) I stumbled upon FlyLady it's an online coaching site that gets you on track with your housework and just life in general. I did very well with FlyLady for quite a while but then thought I could do it without the checklists and online support and fell back into old habits and old ruts. It's free so I really had no excuse and I can't remember what lame reason I gave myself for ignoring my lists and bailing on my housework. I learned when I was Flying that I could keep the house clean and me happy very easily and with minimal effort(which I loved - lazy girl that I am). I still have my control binder and I decided that I would revamp my daily chores list(the old ones had 'Give Sammy Meds' on them) and step up again.

One of the great things about FlyLady is they tell you not to try to catch up but just to step back into the routine a little at a time until you can handle it all again. So I dusted off my binder, updated my chore lists and got to work. Today has been a very stress free day. I refuse to do everything today that I was thinking of doing because it's not on my daily chores or my chore of the day list. I'll get to it when my binder tells me. Also I'm not feeling very good today so it's nice to look at my daily check list and see that I have indeed done everything I was supposed to do this morning and have earned a chance to relax for a couple of hours until I do a little more work. My eventual goal? An easy to clean house(I know this is attainable it's sticking to it that I have trouble with), happy kids(because Mommy isn't stressed over the messy house) and daily morning trips to the Y to exercise(even the walk is exercise) by fall when M starts JK. I can do it. I know I can ... I just have to take one step at a time.

Cass :)

4 comments:

CanadianMama said...

I need you to tell me more about this FlyLady thing, Cass.

Cassandra said...

There's a link in my post :)

Anonymous said...

wow! this sounds very cool. i'll have to remember it when i have a house of my own to run and clean.

Cassandra said...

You can actually implement it as a student living at home with parents except it would be scaled down to your room rather than the whole house.

You could focus on your room and homework with the eventual goal of always being ready for a test or something(with constant review of work) and having a clean and organzied bedroom.

Anyone can Fly :)