Thursday, September 04, 2008

Why I love my home.

It's said "Home is where the heart is" and "Home is where when you show up they have to take you in.". All sorts of things are said about Home. I often complain(maybe not here,but I do) of things in my house that I don't like; the rooster border in the kitchen, the unfinished projects, the lack of space, the mess and many other things. What I sometimes forget to tell people is why I love my house exactly how it is, flaws,mess and all.

Recently K's grandparents(my ex's parents) were very kind and gifted us some furniture. Not only did they gift it to us but they hauled it out of their basement and drove it 5 hours down the road. Now part of this I am sure is because they want their granddaughter to have a nice living room where she can hang out with her friends(which she did last night). I am grateful anyway because I get to enjoy it as well.

I wanted to show off my new looking living room thanks to this furniture and the new area rug my dear man also bought. I also wanted to say more about the things I really do love about my house. I have to say that this house has been my favorite home of all. Now I know part of the reason for that is because I have a wonderful man who loves me and this is where he lived when we met. Another part is the fact I have brought home two brand new babies that were conceived in this house as an expression of that love.

One of the biggest reasons I love my home is that I have lived here almost longer than I have anywhere in my life(there is only one place I lived longer). Ten years of my life has been held in the walls of this home. Ten years of love and joy and only a little bit of anger and suffering. Only someone who knew more about my past could understand what than means to me. I have been happier here than anywhere in my whole life! I have grown here and I have learned here but most importantly I have loved here better than any other time in my life.

This is my home and it is the best expression of my heart I can think of. Not perfect and shiny and clean but comfortable and cozy and warm.

This is my home:Things I love about my Home:

My front screen door:

My new living room:

The view from my spot:

My mudroom:

My Children(represented here by my youngest daughter):

My Puppy:

And because of my puppy, my back yard:

It may not look like much to anyone else, it's small and my family is kinda big with three kids, two adults, two dogs and a cat living in the 900 square feet we call home. It's not perfect but then I have a lot less stress than I would if we were an a new, perfect house. It's often messy and loud and covered in animal hair but it's also often friendly and comfortable and clean too. I love my home and can think of nothing better than to live here always, until the day I die.

This is Home for me.

Cass :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

*wipes the tear from her eye* that was a really nice post about your Home. Very heart warming even if I am cold on the outside :P (the weather here is awful, they've said we're getting one months worth of rain in one day).

The new furniture looks great, reminds me of something from the sims hehe :)

semele said...

Your mudroom looks so neat and clean. Did it used to have an unfinished floor or do I remember it covered in mud?

Your yard is prettier in green than snow.