Friday, November 23, 2007

At long last an update!

Halloween and birthdays, Oh my! :) Sorry for the long interval in updates. I've been spending a lot of my time doing this: ... and yes my camera lens needs cleaning. I have slipped a little with my cleaning, I'll admit it. I'll get it back on track soon, I hope.

Halloween went well and the candy has been all gone for about a week now.K is dressed up although as what is anyone's best guest really. The dress K is wearing was from an old vampire costume of hers from years ago. It must have been miles too big for her at the time! M is a princess(of course) what you can't see are her red rubber boots under the dress /lol/. I left the red eye in ... she is also wearing a plastic skull ring. A went as the Grim Reaper and still has his costume set up in a corner of his room.The mask was way big and he found it hot. Next year I'll switch back to make-up.

Birthdays

K turns 12K got $50 from us as a gift and a new fancy 8Gig iPod Nano from her father. Just this past long weekend(last Friday was a PA day) she spent the night at a hotel with her Grandma and then went out to dinner and a movie with her Grandma and her best friend big M.

As you already know I am 36 this year. I got a toilet seat and the latest Stuff Pack for the Sims2 for my birthday. I didn't make myself a cake, I baked a bunch of chocolate chip cookies instead. Then I ate too many of them and felt icky for a few days after my birthday.

M is 4 this year.She got a FurReal Friends kitten and the Barbie as the Island Princess movie, she also got Money from her Grandma&Grandpa H(J's parents)with it she bought herself a pink poodle stuffy and a Fairytopia Barbie.

Everyone is well and we can now get onto our Christmas shopping. We have some things bought for the kids but need to go out a few more weekends to get the rest. Then we have the tricky part of buying for each other. Winter is here now with snow on the ground and cold in the air. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not. I'm currently in the process of crocheting a new throw for the living room there never seems to be enough lap blankets in there! K has also decided to learn how to crochet and is trying to make a scarf for M ... it is very interesting looking.

I think that's it ... no more news. We are still menuing and the budget is still working well for us. Our weekly grocery bill is still sitting at about $150 I can't seem to get it any lower than that so I guess I'm happy. I figured it out and it only costs us about $21.50 per day to feed our family of 5. We would spend more than that on just one meal at McDonald's! I'm pretty darn proud of us.

Cass :)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwww don't they all just look cute, especially M!

Mmmm and those cakes look sooooo delicious! I want one :P

Glad you're keeping to your budget, but shame on you for slacking with the cleaning...you're just as bad as me! (Well if someone actually tested you on your cleaning):P

Vix said...

All the girls get older back to back like that-pretty busy month for ya. I'm sure you'll get back on top of your cleaning, its probably just because of how busy this time of year is. Great job on staying with the budget...wish I could do the same.

semele said...

K looks like a drumline girl - in a marching band - with the lines of double breasted buttons on the old coat.

What's a PA Day?

My house is amazingly clean for my house since we did an overhaul for Thanksgiving. My husband even took it upon himself to put up the new porch light. Hooray!

Now go clean something. Right now! 15 minutes. Go. You're a reformed slacker. Prove it.

Cassandra said...

FF said: What's a PA Day?
+ You're a reformed slacker. Prove it.

A PA day is a Professional Activities day the kids don't go to school but the teachers have to go for work related stuff.

&

/ROFL/ Who said anything about reformed???!??

semele said...

In the US we call it a teacher planning day. But there's no abbreviation for it that I've ever heard anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cass. Great update! Nice to see the kiddo's in their Halloween outfits, they look great. And I agree with Jennifer, your cakes look delicious. I looked for you on WLM tonight but you weren't online :( I'm so busy with work and school stuff it's nuts. Will let you know about the Y in Jan. Tanya