Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Brush pile continues to grow...


I've got to hand it to me ... I've kept to my word and done at least an hour of yard work everyday for the last 5 days and the yard is looking better all the time. I've even manged to get into our years old brush pile enough to decide that yard waste bags will work better there ... all the stuff in the bottom of that pile is so dry all I have to do is stomp around on it and it will all be itty bitty twigs :)

I've also started moving some of the small logs(too big for my loppers) to the back of the yard and decided that I will place all the logs where the old brush pile was once I get it cleaned out. Today I have to move more small logs and trim the brush around the kids' play area and clean out the 'pit'.

The 'pit' is an area next to my small back deck where things get tossed so I have to bag up the stuff that's junk and clear out the brush and logs that got left there. I probably won't get to that until Monday but I'll hope for today.

Tuesday will be more brush work hopefully in the driveway(the last of it) and then the next couple days will be moving logs. The big job will be Thursday when I move all the brush bundles to the front of the house. I've kept them in the back because I was worried that some drunk rowdy might come along and be tempted by a mountain of flammable stuff ... so no brush out front until Thursday.

I worked hard enough yesterday to have sore muscles when I came into the house but my arms feel okay so far today so I guess I didn't hurt myself. Yesterday was also our last Family Day for a while, with the pool closed and our van broken down as well(on Friday just as J got to work) we'll just wait until the pool re-opens to go to the Y on Saturdays again. Once school starts I will be heading to the Y every day that the kids go to school ... at first just for the walk there and home but eventually I hope to pick up some of the classes I used to take like Muscle Works and Aquafit, and maybe swim some laps.

Hopefully my next Blog will have a picture of a mountain of brush bundles outside my house and the pile of logs back by the shed!

Cass :)

1 comment:

Vix said...

Why not do family day in? Dust off a deck of cards or the trusted and true monopoly game...the older ones are old engough for that one and M would probably at least like to partner up with someone...that's how we do monopoly any ways...we let the kids partner with us. Have a movie marathon, or turn that yard work into a game, give the kids some buckets or some bags to fill and the one who fills theirs first, gets to help the others. LOL I do that one when I do con the kids into yard work-they've yet to catch on to that little trick. I believe yours are too old to do that.