Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Poor Kitty!

Yup, Somehow in his travels my poor kitty got himself hurt. I had no idea until I pulled some laundry I was trying to get folded and off my bed out from under him. When he just kinda collapsed to the bed I called my man over so he could take a look at him as well. Sure enough whenever I tried to put him on his feet he would just fall down again. He finally got sick of my bugging him and jumped off the bed, clumsily, and limped over to my daughter's desk chair and managed to hop up into it. That's where he spent the night:
I was surprised when, at 4am(a full hour before we normally get up) , my man turned on the computer area light(just off our bedroom area) when I asked him if it was time to get up he said no that he was just checking on the cat. He had filled the cat's food dish and he hadn't come running so he had been worried. Kitty must have been hungry and smelled the food on Mr because it wasn't long after we had resettled ourselves on the bed that I though I saw him go slowly up the stairs. When I went to check the chair he was gone so I also went upstairs to see if he was eating. I guess he's feeling a little better this morning. I saw him walk across the kitchen floor with no limp...he was walking like someone who was not happy with how their limbs are feeling, though.

Looks like he can get around okay, which makes me feel better. I was very touched that Mr was so concerned about the cat; who he insists is 'stinky' and is really my pet*grin*. I knew he was a softy!!

We also got our pumpkins carved last night and the kids are going to be trick-or-treating tonight as well. I'll post a few pics in my next Blog. I'm still fighting the lice...and still finding live ones on my youngest and nothing on the other two, thank goodness!! I hate resistant lice.

Cass :)

Random Video

2 comments:

Vix said...

Depending on the age of the cat it could be kitty authritius. I had a cat with it...every now and again he'd just be all tired and still and limp around, when we took him to the vet they told us it was just authritus, and to give him infant's motrin for the pain if need be. So on his really bad days he got a dose of that and was alright enough to walk around. Poor thing, lived the last few years of his life sleeping and eating. But, he lived a long mostly healthy life, other than that he seemed in good spirits, or I would have put him down so he wouldn't suffer. He died peacfully in his sleep at the ripe ole age of 14.

Anonymous said...

Poor little kitty. Didn't by chance get a paw stepped on, or caught in a door did he ?