Sunday, October 05, 2008

Look! I made one bed into two(Sorry no pictures)...

Okay so my 4 year old has been complaining about sleeping in her own bed for a while so finally she had a fit last night and complained that K shook the bed and that bothered her. I think what bothers her is not being able to see her sister at night since she was above her.

Yup, was, it's been a while since I put the bunk bed together for K & M, I even Blogged about it. It was a very eventful day. Today was also a very eventful day - this morning I got up(reluctantly, I love fall but it makes me sleepy as well), took a shower, got dressed, made sure everyone ate something, and sawed that same bunk bed in two.

I did it right, measured and everything, even used a square to make sure my line was straight all the way around the parts I sawed. I impressed K with my strength when I removed the side rails from her part of the bed(it's pine and a well placed hit with my fist popped the dowels thru the side of the rails so I could remove them). Mostly I impressed myself by getting it all done. I had to move a couple wall mounted shelves, which is never fun when you have walls made of lath & plaster, but I did it with a minimum of yelling and swearing ... okay - make that moderate yelling and swearing.

That was almost all I managed to do today and I will have to try to play catch up tomorrow(starting with an extra long walk for S who got no walks today) - which includes laundry and housework as usual, yeah I've fallen off the clean wagon again.

This afternoon I had a rare Mommy afternoon out with my friend L who took me to see Momma Mia, which was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it a great deal. Now I have to go empty the kitchen composter into the big backyard one and send children to bed. I promise I will try to get those batteries charged for the camera soon as I know my posts are more fun with visual aids :)

Cass :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya, thx about that. AND OMG GUESS WHAT! I have no idea but oh well!
YAY FOR MOMMEH!

-K