Thursday, September 13, 2007

The kids go back to school - all of them this time!


Yup, my littlest monkey is now in school. God have mercy on her teachers!!

As you can see my children have super powers; A has the super power to make an unfortunate face at exactly the wrong time! K has super curly hair power and always looks like she just got up - good thing that's the style now! M has 'I'm the cute little one' power and uses it often on her older brother, as you can see here. Don't be fooled she's thinking of a way to make her brother dance like a puppet for her, I can tell.

M's first days of school have gone well unless I was there with her ... My school has a thing all this month that every Wednesday I go to school with her from 8:40am-10:30am and we do stuff together and the teacher and other school experts give us all advice on how to help out kids learn at home. Both Wednesdays now I have left first with a screaming daughter. When she is there on her own she is fine, according to the teacher. I saw when I was there yesterday she knows the routine there and seems happy,which is great and typical of my kids. They all like school - it's not as boring as home.

Also since my last Blog...Yesterday was A's 7th birthday! My Mom was surprised she was all "Seven! I thought he was turning Six! Where did the time go?!?" We gave him a mix of home made (fabric panels for under his loft bed to make a fort & a magnet/chalk/pin board combo that J is finishing up) and bought stuff(Star Wars action figures and a big 3D, glow in the dark wall puzzle of Spiderman). Mom gave him $20 which he is now thinking of 50 ways to spend!

Not much else to say ... just the usual fall routine. I'm sticking close to home the rest of this week and then next week I will be off to the Y 4 mornings. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second picture - the one of just M - is absolutely priceless Cass. She is a beautiful child.

I hope she's still enjoying school just as much now that it's been a couple of weeks.

semele said...

M reminds me of Dot from the old cartoon Animaniacs. Check out this link if you've never seen the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BimqTb29WE