Thursday, January 08, 2009

3am and me ...

Lately it seems like 3am really really loves me, it must because I see it on my watch more often than I would ever care to if I was given a choice. I mean really, leave me alone 3am we're just not working :)

Why am I up at 3am almost everyday?

What happens is this, I wake up and look at my watch(which is my bedside alarm clock since I put it on my bedside table when I go to bed) - 2:45am/2:58am/3:00am/3:15am - It's all 3am to me. I realize I don't have to get up for 2 more hours but I have to use the bathroom so I get up and go upstairs to use the bathroom.

The cat thinks "Oh! She's up she must want to give me food!!" so he follows me and mrrs at me and carries on. If I don't feed him he will walk on me for the next 2 hours until I get up at 5am and feed him - so I feed him.

The dog sees the cat go upstairs and decides she has to pee as well so waits at the door for me to let her out. She won't just go out and pee and then come right back though, no, not my dog. She has to look around and check things out and won't come at all until she feels like it. I don't want to stand around and freeze while I'm waiting for her so I find something to do. Usually I empty the dishwasher and put away the dishes. One night I cleaned up the mud room. I will also check my menu and pull out meat that needs thawing. Usually once I'm done that the dog is willing to be bribed back into the house and I can go back to bed.

With all this going on I end up being up for about 10 minutes instead of maybe 2 minutes(if only I could just take care of ME at 3am) - I climb back into bed and go back to sleep until 5am when I get up for another 10 minutes to make tea and a bagel for my hard working man who has to leave for work at 6am. Back in bed I sleep until my watch wakes me at 7am when I get to wake up everyone else, Yay.

I don't have much love for 5am or 7am either but 3am seems to have chosen me for some weird reason - maybe it's the way my hair looks at 3am that is extra fetching to the time. /sigh/ Well if it's 3am EST you know what I'm doing - putting away dishes.

Cass :)

No comments: